The Al Jalila Children’s Genomics Centre is a state-of-the-art unit that was created to
offer a wide range of genetic testing and counselling services, thus filling a notable
gap in the region for such a facility in view of the global increasing demand for
genetic testing. The Genomics Centre at Al Jalila Children’s possesses cutting-edge
technologies capable of conducting sophisticated genetic testing.
Additionally, a team of highly specialised, Western board-certified team of physicians
oversee and run the Centre.
What makes us different?
- The only advanced genomic sequencing diagnostics in the UAE
and the region with a focus on pediatric disorders
- Our laboratory has passed CAP inspections which is considered the gold standard for laboratory medicine
- The first clinical genomics facility in the UAE to establish in-house bioinformatics
and interpretation pipelines following the American College of Medical Genetics and
Genomics (ACMG) standards
- The Genetics Laboratory is part of a full-fledged world-class hospital where every
patient is assessed by a multidisciplinary and highly experienced paediatric
consulting team that offers a 360-degree evaluation and treatment under one roof,
resulting in a definitive and clear medical solution
- A Genetic Counseling Core to assist clinicians and families in understanding all
aspects of genetic testing (ordering, billing, consenting, recurrence risk assessment,
result disclosure, family planning)
- Al Jalila Children’s is one of the few centres in the region to staff American board-
certified genetic counsellors
- We can also be found on the Gene Test Registry! Please click here for more details
Get in touch with us to learn about our test menu and services offered.